Friday, April 19, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes we meet people that leave an imprint. They have a story that we can't forget and just because of their testimony we feel encouraged, we think if they can do it, so can I. As a missionary I have the privilege of meeting awesome people like this all the time. Their stories keep me going and remind me that God is continually at work all around the world!  Tammy Ogden, a missionary to El Salvador and also a cancer survivor has one of these stories! She wrote the following blog and recently published a new book!  I hope that many who read this will be blessed, consider purchasing her new book, and pray about supporting this amazing ministry in El Salvador.

For more information about Tammy Ogden and to read her super awesome blog click here....


WHEN ON HOUSE ARREST, WRITE A BOOK

No, we have not been arrested.

No, we have not been raided.

I am referring to my little run-in last summer with no white blood cells 
courtesy of the big C (chemo). 

My doctor strongly recommended I stay away from people for a week.  So I locked 
myself in the house and wrote a book to pass the time away.

My hand was forced.  My life shut down.  I had no further excuses so I picked up the 
computer and finished what I had started over and over again.  Only this time with 
the encouragement of my friend, Jackie, I actually finished it.  She was so funny, 
honestly, I couldn't write fast enough.  She ate it up and begged for more. 
That will motivate the most unmotivated!  Thank you, Jackie.

The inspiration for the book came from my nephew's wedding several Septembers before.  
Joel and Keri's wedding came at a very low time in my life.  I was truly struggling with 
whether or not God loved me.  Things had not gone the way I had expected and to be flat 
out frank I felt thrown away.  But as the minister began to share the greatest love story ever 
written tears flooded my face.  The healing power of the Holy Spirit transcended my lowly 
state and I knew I was loved.  Then he said something that became an "ah ha!" moment for me. 
The dots connected.  I contemplated the truth, everything declares his glory.  The message 
of love and redemption is all around us.  It is even hidden in our fairy tales.  From that 
inspiration came my book "The Princess, The Gardener and The Visitor.  I hope you see an 
old story in a new light and you also have an "ah ha!" moment.  Fairy tales are real.


The purchase of this book will help fund the work in El Salvador.  Thank you ahead of time for your purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment