Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Save Your Best Striving.....

So I am currently reading a devotional by Sarah Young. AMAZING! Its a daily little snippet into God's Word and I love it. Yesterday she did a short little devotion on Striving.

It started like this..... SAVE YOUR BEST STRIVING FOR SEEKING MY FACE! It was this little sentence that really spoke to me. How often do we strive for something? I don't know about you, but everyday I wake up striving for things that leave me exhausted! For example right now I am putting all of my strength and striving to learn Spanish. I constantly stress and compare myself to others and when I get to the point where I just can't take it anymore I throw my leftovers at God. Striving literally means to fight vigorously. But often times we end up fighting the wrong battle. I don't want my strength to run out before that battle has even begun.

So what is this little sentence saying.... It's saying to quit striving for things that leave you exhausted no matter what they are. Finances, good looks, future plans. Quit putting all of your strength into getting through each day that all you have for God are your leftovers. It is so easy to strive for so much and end up with so little. Thats why I want to save my best striving for seeking the face of GOD! I want His presence and purpose to be the one thing that I fight vigorously for......He will fight for me...... He will win.

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment