Friday, March 16, 2012

Cyndi

The most amazing thing happened tonight. I got into a taxi and told the driver to go to the artesian market downtown, and he got lost. This in itself is insane, because it is one of the big tourist spots downtown. I even told him where it was and after 7 months of language school I know I said it right. haha. Anyways I ended up in a part of town that I had never been before. The Taxi driver said there was another market just like it there. So in my frustration I went in to do a little shopping. That's when I met Cyndi. She was a tica lady selling all sorts of souvenirs and she was good at it. haha We started talking and I found out that she had lived in the states for 5 years when she was a teenager. She could speak a little English. She then tried to sell me this little dress, that I didn't need or really want. Through her sales pitch, I found out that she was not a Christian, but had once attended church in the states years ago. I also found out that her son is addicted to drugs and that she desperately wants him to get help. She was such a sweet woman! So after our chat and sales pitch I went to leave. I then felt like God told me to go back and buy that dress. It was really overpriced, but I thought well maybe it would be a blessing to her. So I went to buy the dress and then I felt like God told me to give her more than what she was asking. Grrr. I was barely obedient, but she was so so so grateful. She hugged me and started crying. I then asked her if I could pray with her about anything. She told me something I never expected to hear. She told me that she was sick and had Myasthenia Gravis. I could not believe it! This is the exact disease that I have prayed against every single day for the last year or more! This is the disease that my dad or spiritual dad Pastor Ken Peek has! For those of you who know him, you know what a battle it has been. It is such a rare disease. Wow. I just knew in that moment that I got lost in that part of town for that exact reason! I was able to lead that women back to the Lord and pray for her healing! We also have plans to have coffee soon and I would like to ask that you continue to pray for her and Pastor Ken Peek! Tonight was not only a reminder that no matter the cost we should be obedient. It was also a reminder that God hears our prayers! PASTOR KEN PEEK is healed in the name of Jesus. This disease will not win! I believe he is healing Cyndi too! I was just so amazed and so thankful that my taxi got lost and I wanted to share it with the world!!! Habakkuk 1:5 BE AMAZED!

7 comments:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS IS SO AHHMAZING!!! PRAISE BE UNTO GOD!!!
    -Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Leah!!! It is wonderful to hear the things that God is using you to accomplish!!! :) Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly the work of an amazing God. All praises go out to him.
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and in agreement with you sister, God is still on the throne and in the healing business., Luv ya, Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful to hear how God is changing others through you. This is just the beginning. Love you. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AWESOME Leah! I'm so proud of you!!! --Misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet Leah, I cried when I read of God's faithfulness & your obedience! We are so proud of you & love you dearly! Mrs Boni

    ReplyDelete