Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An update from Cuenca...

I received the following e-mail from the missionaries I will be working with in Cuenca, Ecuador... my home away from home! I thought some of you may like to read some of the great things happening there! I am so privileged to have the opportunity to work with Bill & Connie McDonald! They have done so much with what God has given them and  have dreams for so much more! Please remember to pray for them as you read this. Also, as of now my last day at Griffin First will be July 7th. I still need $643 dollars in monthly commitments to guarantee that I will leave in August. That may not sound like much, but that could be 60 people giving $10 and my people list is running short. haha If you would be interested in giving monthly , please click here! As always Thank You!! I could not do any of this without you!

The e-mail:
The first 3 months of 2011 have been incredibly productive.

In March, our medical clinic produced over 1,400 visits and 252 decisions for Christ, and also the inauguration of the permanent clinic facility UnsionMed. Honestly, I would have never believed that God would put into our hands  such tools as Medical Clinics and Television Stations!  Truly, ¨He does exceedingly more than we can ask or think.¨ Un Buen Consejo, our counseling  and follow-up ministry has reported a total of 8,012 calls and 2,650 decisions for Christ in this first quarter!  Miraculous!

In addition to the UnsiónMed Medical Clinic, we have started a new church to help disciple the new believers, within the first three months, our weekly attendance has grown to 300.   One of these news converts is Alejo and his entire family.  Far from the Lord and any faith, Alejo made a solid decision for Christ.   His wife tells me that Alejo was the guy that was NEVER going to go to church.  And now, 3 months into his new life in Christ he is a most faithful believer with his entire family joining him in his decision.  They are just ecstatic about the change they all have experienced.

With the Lord's help and provision we plan to launch Unsión TV in the 2 largest cities in Ecuador, Quito and Guayaquil through a national cable service.  I would covet your prayers as we attempt to raise the $27,000 needed for the initial investment and one year of service. You can tell by the two miraculous stories above that God is working mightily in this window of opportunity.  We are so grateful for all God has allowed us to do together to impact lives.  However, God has put before us yet another opportunity to impact more people.  Together, I am confident we can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment