Thursday, October 7, 2010

Never Say Never

Looking at this little girl its hard to imagine that she could one day be grown up enough to pack her bags and travel to the other side of the world all by herself.  Well I’m sure you know but in case you don’t, that little girl is me, and that one day is here.  This March by faith, I will be packing my bags to serve in the beautiful country of EcuadorThis is the first of many more thoughts and updates to come as God uses me to do what I never thought possible. 

Over the last few months, the phrase “Never say Never” has really hit home. For instance, I never thought the day would come that I would be 25. Yes 25, for some reason that number is just ugly to me. Now if you are 25 or older please don’t be offended. It’s not that I see 25 as old, although I have found a few gray hairs here and there. lol. It's just that I never thought life would have gotten here so fast. At least once a day I find myself saying, “where did time go”?  Not only where has time gone but what have I done with the time that I have had. There is a scripture in Habbakkuk 1:5 that has become a theme verse to me for this moment in my life. It says, "Look at the nations and watch, and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." This is my prayer for Ecuador, really it is my prayer for this generation. I am so tired of the same ol' same ol'.... In the past year I have heard stories of at least 16 people that once loved the Lord and proclaimed to be radical Christians completely give up and walk away. In the news lately, Pastors have gotten the spotlight for adultery, lying, greed and more. You hear stories like this and say I would "never" do something like that. We use that word so lightly, but can I just say that it is only by the Grace of God that we have not done something like that. The only thing that separates us from sin is knowing God, truly knowing Him. So, why are the elite of God walking away, the called? Christians today seem to know it all, and not know Him. We have heard everything there is to hear, we know all the right things to say and do, and then every week becomes a routine and not a relationship. Just like other relationships, the butterflies fade and the honeymoon is over, and then what? It seems like we are too smart for our own good sometimes.Going back to the scripture. It says “I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."  Today more than ever there needs to be an urgency to see God move in a new way! We have to fight for it! This scripture promises us that we are going to be a part of something that we could not imagine, something we have “never” been told. Did you know that the word “never” is completely opposite in the Kingdom of God? It is replaced with words such as always, constantly, continuously, endlessly, ever, forever, perpetually. There will always be more of God, He is constantly working on our behalf, and He will forever be a God of the impossible. I am ready to pursue God for something unbelievable, something I don’t know, because trust me when I say, I don’t know it all. As I take a step of faith into this exciting chapter of my life, gray hair and all I am not wasting any more time! I am believing for God to do something crazy and new… in my life, in Ecuador, and in this Generation. What are you believing for?  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Leah! God will use you in mighty ways. What a great blog site! We'll all be praying for you. Did you want to come down to Teen Challenge and share about your calling and the process of going to the Mission Field? I understand if you need to concentrate on fund raising right now. Just let me know.

    Jeremy McCollum
    Principal
    Teen Challenge Prayer Mountain Boys Academy
    770-567-8180
    jeremy.mccollum@teenchallenge.cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah!!! I am so excited for you. God is gonna do so many awesome things in your life and in the lives of the people around you. This is so cool to see. Well worth the wait I know :).

    Ryan Cart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to call you my roommate! I cannot wait for 25 more years to pass when we really look back at God has used you to do, and say WOW!!! I'm excited about that and your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, LEAH......... :) I am so proud of you! You are such an awesome Godly woman and an inspiratiion! God is going to use you in so many ways..... DUH, he already has! lol I LOVE YOU GIRL, and so happy, proud, and a little bit nervous! haha Prayers and support are with you Leah, Leah, Leah!!!!!!!!!
    -Kelli Copeland

    ReplyDelete